Definitions (for a full list please see "Sorting Guidelines")
- MSW (Municipal Solid Waste) - This is mixed household waste including food scraps, food containers, cleaning supply containers, mixed paper, plastic and other assorted waste.
- C&D (Construction & Demolition Waste - This is waste from construction or remodeling; it cannot contain any food packaging material, clothing, toys, etc.
Fees and Rates
Gate Fees - The Gate Fee is a minimum charge to use the landfill. If your waste disposal charges exceed the gate fee, there is no "gate fee."
|Location||Gate Fee||Reduced Gate Fee Days |
(effective Aug 1, 2016)
|Thayne||$10||$5 on Saturdays (7:30AM to 10:00AM)
and Mondays (8:00AM to 12:00PM)
|Kemmerer and Cokeville||$10||$0 on first Saturday of each month|
|MSW $/ton||C&D $/ton||C&D or MSW
40 gallon bags or cans;
5 per trip limit
|Kemmerer Landfill||$100||$100||$3 per bag or can|
|Cokeville Landfill||$105||$105||$3 per bag or can|
|Thayne Landfill||$115||$115||$3 per bag or can|
- Car or pickup tires (up to 6) - $6 each
- Car or pickup tires with rims - $4 additional per tire ($10 for tire and rim)
- Semi-truck/trailer tires (no rims, up to 6) - $15 each
- Larger tires or quantities greater than 6 - $225 per ton
- $120 per ton from Lincoln County
- $125 per ton from outside Lincoln County
- $150 per ton with lab test showing DEQ guideline #5 has been met.
- Cokeville is only permitted to accept residential generated waste.
- Residential: No charge in addition to gate fee
- Commercial disposal: Up to dump truck load - $15; semi-load - $25
- $30 each (must have all contents removed!)
- e-waste (computers and TVs)
- scrap metal, washers, dryers, stoves (no gas or oil in mowers, etc.)
- lead acid batteries
- brush (must be less than 8" in diameter and cannot contain dirt, rocks, concrete, etc.)
- yard waste removed from any container
- household quantities of used motor oil (less than 5 gallons)
- household quantities of used cooking oil (less than 5 gallons)
- household quantities of used antifreeze (less than 5 gallons)
- household quantities of latex paint (less than 5 gallons)
**Due to the depressed market for commodity recyclables, recycling of cardboard, aluminum cans, magazines, newspapers, office pack, tin cans and glass bottles has been suspended.**
Items MUST be sorted – please ask questions at the scales as you enter or of landfill employees if you are not sure where things should go. Some sorting requirements are to protect the equipment from damage and others are required by DEQ (Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality and they have the authority to levy large fines on the county). Improper sorting fees range from $20 per item to $240/ton additional on the entire load. Staff may charge a $75 fee and require reloading and removal of an unsorted load.
Late Fee - $25 per 15 minute increment. Landfill hours are determined by the DEQ permit and require that all users be out of the landfill by closing time.
To avoid $20 fee, TARP your load unless it is in an ENCLOSED trailer or vehicle!
DUE TO COVID 19 ALL LANDFILL USERS MUST HAVE AN ACCOUNT, THERE IS NO OPTION TO PAY AT THE SCALES. (Cokeville residents - there is no change in procedure.)