Please visit the link to our COVID-19 Information page here. We will be updating that section of the site with information about our vaccine supply and the priority groups who will be offered the vaccine first.
All current case counts in lincoln county are updated once a day (usually around 3 p.m.) and can be obtained by visiting the WYOMING INFORMATION SHARING PLATFORM. please scroll down on this page to view a step by step pictorial on how to view the numbers.
FOr a statewide, county by county breakdown of total cases, recoveries, deaths, and hospital capacity information
please visit the WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Please subscribe for updates here
State of Wyoming MASK MANDATE
A statewide mask mandate has been put into place by the Wyoming Department of Health and Governor Mark Gordon. The Public Health order mandating the use of face coverings in public settings is in effect as of December 9, 2020 until January 25, 2021. Please download a copy of the mandate. The document outlines who is mandated to use face coverings, where face coverings are required, and who is exempted from the mandate.
isolation & Quarantine Document Requests
In order to expedite the access to Isolation & Quarantine documentation needed for employers & schools, the Wyoming Department of Health has created online documentation requests.
If you have tested positive and need your ISOLATION ORDERS, please visit this link to request them.
If you are a close contact/household contact to a positive case and need your QUARANTINE ORDERS, please visit this link to request them.
PLEASE READ THE ORDERS LISTED ON THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH WEBSITE TO SEE IF YOUR BUSINESS IS INCLUDED IN THE ORDERS. VARIANCE IS ONLY REQUIRED IF YOU ARE REQUESTING LESS RESTRICTION THAN THE STATEWIDE ORDERS PROVIDE.
BUSINESS VARIANCE REQUEST FORM
People who are calling in complaints of establishments not following the relevant business guidelines in the current governor's orders should submit those reports via email to email@example.com.
Please visit the Wyoming Department of Health's website for general covid-19 Guidance for schools, daycare providers, faith organizations, Grocery & retail stores, theatres, pools & gatherings.
Businesses can request PPE from the State here.
THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH IS CLOSELY MONITORING THE CURRENT COVID-19 OUTBREAK SITUATION AND SHARING RECOMMENDATIONS.
HOW TO VIEW CASE COUNTS ON WISP:
The areas circled in red are where you will click to advance through the site to obtain the most current case counts in Lincoln County.
hotlines & emails
Do you have questions on COVID 19? Please email the Wyoming Department of Health: firstname.lastname@example.org or Public Health at email@example.com
- Wyoming 211 and the Wyoming Department of Health are partnering to provide a public telephone helpline for COVID 19 questions and information. By dialing 211 from anywhere in the state of Wyoming people c an receive information about COVID 19 and local resources. The line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Dial either 211 or 888-425-7138 during those business hours.
- Star Valley Health COVID19 automated information hotline: 307-885-5007
- Star Valley Health Live Support line open 7 days a week, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. If you want to contact a live person to talk about symptoms, please call 307-885-5008.
- South Lincoln Medical Center has set up a symptom hot line: 307-800-8719
- Lincoln County Public Health in Afton: 307-885-9598 or to contact the Kemmerer office: 307-877-3780
- 1-877-720-5721 is the national reporting hotline for people encountering fraud related to COVID-19.
- The Wyoming Department of Health has a consistently updated COVID 19 website with all of the latest Wyoming related information and recommendations as well as current and past official Wyoming Department of Health press releases on COVID 19.
- Public Health is also publishing press releases from Wyoming Department of Health on our Office News page of this website, located here. An archive of past COVID-19 related press releases can be viewed here.
- Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon has a COVID19 informational website
- All our current recommendations come from the Centers for Disease Control. Please visit their official COVID 19 website.
- Star Valley Health has an informational website, including updated Visitor Restrictions to the Hospital and now including a count of testing for the Star Valley area. If you are ill and are requesting an appointment please call ahead - do not simply show up at the hospital if you are actively ill. If you are experiencing cough, sore throat, fever, body aches and fatigue, please call their symptom hot line.
- South Lincoln Medical Center updates their Facebook page regularly. If you are ill and are requesting an appointment please call ahead - do not simply show up at the hospital if you are actively ill. If you are experiencing cough, sore throat, fever, body aches and fatigue, please call their symptom hot line.
- Sterling Urgent Care has an information page related to COVID-19 and their services, including the availability of Telemedicine visits.
- Public Health posts information as soon as it is available on this website and also on our Facebook page. Public Health will also share relevant posts from local agencies and businesses as often as possible via the Facebook page.
- Lincoln County Homeland Security & Emergency Management are also providing constantly updated information on their Facebook page.
- Guidance for Businesses
- Resources for Schools: School Settings & School Closures
- Social Distancing
- Guidance for Community and Faith Based Organizations
- Resources for Long Term Care Facilities & Nursing Homes
Public Health has created a Facts versus Fiction website regarding face coverings. Please take a look at it here!
The best thing one can do is stay informed by visiting any of the websites linked above for accurate, up to date information and follow the CDC recommended precautionary measures for
current covid19 related news
- free at home covid19 testing is available to wyoming residents. visit wdh for more information.
- On March 19, Governor Gordon and the wyoming state health officer issued statewide orders for public spaces. all updated variations of current orders can be found on this website by hovering over the COVID19 menu on the left hand side of the page and clicking on the individual links that show up.
- Travel recommendations FOR LINCOLN COUNTY can be found by hovering over the covid19 menu on the left menu. they are downloadable in word format.
- Lincoln County WIC has implemented appointment procedures: 1) participants are asked to reduce the number of people coming to their appointments. They request only one person come if possible. 2) Appointments will be altered to shorten the amount of time that participants are in the clinic 3) parking lot services will be an option to assist with participants receiving WIC benefits. Please visit their Facebook page for more information or contact the local WIC office (307-885-9071) to ask any questions.
- Please visit www.lcwy.org to keep up with all department hours/operating changes.
- Most local agencies and businesses are publishing information on any changes to daily procedures and/or closures to their social media pages. Please reach out to them directly for any and all information on changes to how daily business is conducted.
- Wyoming's First Lady has a Wyoming Hunger Initiative to assist with food needs for vulnerable populations. Please visit their website for more information. Click on Lincoln County to see what is available in our county.
- The Wyoming Public Health Laboratory began testing for COVID 19 on March 5. Any testing must be coordinated through a healthcare provider.
- Contact Star Valley Health at 885-5700 to coordinate testing.
- Contact South Lincoln Hospital District at 307-800-8719 to coordinate testing.
- Contact Sterling Urgent Care at 307-885-3637 to coordinate testing.
- At home PCR testing kits are available from Vault Health's website. The fee for these test kits are waived when you enter a Wyoming address. More information about the at home testing can be found at the Wyoming Department of Health's website.
At this time Public Health offices are not conducting testing. Testing must be done through your healthcare provider.
Wyoming Small Business Disaster Loans
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon
SBA Disaster Loan Assistance
Wyoming SBDC Resources for Small Businesses
PDF Copy of the Employee Sick Leave Rights under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
For Basic information on COVID-19 (i.e. what it is, how it spreads, how to protect yourself and others, etc.) please visit the Centers for Disease Control's FAQ page located here.
Wash your hands often
- Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you've been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- IF soap and water are not readily available, a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol can be used.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID 19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
The CDC does NOT recommend the use of surgical masks or N95s for most healthy individuals. These types of masks are recommended for those in healthcare professions, those who are ill, or others who are in direct care of sick persons.
The CDC IS recommending the use of cloth face coverings for the general public and are asking that they be worn in situations where one cannot maintain 6 foot distancing from others (i.e. grocery store, pharmacy visits)
- Protect others by staying home when sick, cover coughs and sneezes, clean and disinfect frequently touched daily surfaces (including tables, doorknobs, light switches, phones, desks, handles, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks). Most common household disinfectants will work or you can use a 4 teaspoons of bleach per quart of water mix or a mix of 1/3 cup bleach per gallon of water mixture. Click here for the CDC's Disinfection Guide.
- For people who need to take extra precautions, the CDC has resources available here or click here for guidance for high risk individuals.
Informacion sobre la enfermedad del Coronavirus 2019 es disponible en el sitio de los Centros para el Control de Enfermedades. Oprima aqui para leerlo en español. Oprima aqui para obtener instrucciones en espanol como usar una cubierta de tela para la cara.