Instructions for CFP Applicants
Instruction for CFP ApplicantsMust be 21 years of age and a Wyoming resident for 6 months to apply
1. All applications can be found online at http://wyomingdci.wyo.gov and then by clicking on the Concealed Firearm permits on the upper left-hand side. They can also be found on the Lincoln County website at www.lcwy.org.
2. Please complete the application on the computer & print out 4 copies of it. You will then take all of the copies to the Sheriff’s Office where they can be notarized.
3. The Sheriff’s Office will be doing your fingerprints, taking a copy of your driver’s license, and will also need one of the following: a. Firearms training certificate b. Hunter Safety Card c. Military DD214
4. Please note: there will be TWO separate fees. One to DCI, and one to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
5. The DCI fee must be in the form of a money order or cashier’s check made out to DCI or WY Attorney General’s Office. DCI does not accept Cash, Credit Card or Personal Checks. DCI fees are as follows: Address for money order/cashier’s check: a. New Applications - $64 Division of Criminal Investigation b. Renewal Applications before the expiration date - $45 208 S. College Dr. c. Renewal Applications after the expiration date - $55 Cheyenne, WY 82002 d. Duplicate permit application - $5.
6. The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office fee can be in the form of cash, personal check, money order, or a cashier’s check. Please make the check out to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. Sheriff’s fees are as follows: a. New Applications- $15 b. Renewal Applications before the expiration date - $5 c. Renewal Applications after the expiration date- $5 d. Duplicate permit application- No fee
7. Once all applications are submitted to the Sheriff’s Office, the remaining copy is to be taken to a DMV to have your picture taken for the permit. This must be done within 5 days of your application.
Afton DMV: Thursday & Friday 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Address: 250 VanNoy Pkwy, Suite B130 Thayne, WY 83127/ Phone: 307-883-5003
Kemmerer DMV: Thursday & Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Address: 922 Cedar Ave. Kemmerer, WY 83101/ Phone: 307-877-9372 8.
Processing times may take up to 90 days, depending on volume, once all documents are received at DCI. The Sheriff’s office will receive the permit and contact you once it is completed.
Questions or concerns may be directed to CFP@Wyo.gov or 307-777-7181 or By calling the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office Afton: 307-885-4940 Kemmerer: 307-877-2152